Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Life in the way...

Greetings, fellow Bearers!

Ugh.

Unless you're doing well enough to call writing your primary career, then you have the same problem I do: that it can get awfully difficult to find the time to sit down and write.  One of the things I've learned about myself is that I write better when I have larger, uninterrupted blocks of time.  Mind you, it doesn't have to be THAT long (about 45 minutes to an hour will do if the creative juices are really flowing), but too little time leaves me little room to put anything of decent substance down for the Vein novels.  If I find myself losing time, I have to resort to working on my short stories, as they don't require me to necessarily put as much organizational thought into them.  Admittedly, I envy those writers who can work with sliced up time periods to write their novels; they are far better and more disciplined than I am.

So, while progress occurs with my short stories, Old Velt is stumbling along.  I hope to have my schedule pretty much set in the next couple of days, so that this almost-finished novel can be finally done, edited, and ready for print and digital text.

In the meantime, I'm also continuing work with the Vein omnibus, and have possibly found somebody who may be able to do some artwork for me.  That's pretty exciting, because I'd really like to see the images of the Vein come to life, particularly through somebody who has good skills with art.  With me, I'd get last place in a kindergarten stick figure contest :D

For those who have recently made purchases of CLADE JOSSO, thank you very much!  It was very encouraging to see a few sales made recently!  I hope you enjoy the book, and invite you to continue on with us into the Vein!  For those who haven't done so, as with most of my blogs, I'll include purchase links for the novel down below.  Also, a big thank you to those who have bought the VIRTUAL IMAGININGS short story collection.  Your purchase goes toward a good cause, and we thank you for it. 

Which reminds me, I need to get reading my copy of it. 

So off I go, trying to write, market, and read-oh, and I guess I could put some time in on my other job while I'm at it too ;)

See you in the Vein!

J. Dean


THE SUMMONING OF CLADE JOSSO: THE FIRST DESCENT INTO THE VEIN, available at Amazon.com, and Smashwords.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment