Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Wow!!!! Thank you so much!!!

t.Greetings, fellow Bearers (and short story enthusiasts)!

What a great response I've gotten over the weekend! "Fraidy-Cat" was downloaded over thirty times in three days (That's a lot for an indie author!). Those of you willing to take a look at the story, thank you so much! Feel free to post a review of the story on the smashwords.com website, and if you liked it, spread the word about it!  Also, I invite you newcomers, if you've not done so already, to consider looking at The Summoning of Clade Josso as well, and whet your appetite for a new kind of fantasy epic

While I'm still working on the Vein novels, I've also been setting aside a little time every few days to work on short stories as well. The nice thing about doing this is that it keeps my writing fresh, so that I'm not burning myself out on just the Vein books. While writing is fun, it's like anything else: you need to diversify your time and focus, so that you don't end up with burnout.  The  short stories are a chance for me to change gears and pace, and that's good for a writer... well, good for me at least; I can't speak for everybody on that one.

So thank you all once again.  Hopefully, I'll have another omnibus entry to put in before Christmas, so that a little bit more of the Vein can be revealed to all, and Old Velt will be that much closer to being finished!

See you in the Vein!

J. Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment