Thursday, December 3, 2009

Out with the Turkey, in with the tree....

Greetings, fellow Bearers!

And here it is, the most festive time of year. Got your Christmas shopping done yet? Nope-neither do I. I'm not quite a "last-minute" shopper, but I don't get the gifts in August, either (No foolin' on that; I know people like that who do their Christmas shopping before leaves change!).

I think that part of it is because I really don't believe the Christmas season starts until after Thanksgiving is done. One of my big pet peeves is walking into a store after Halloween and seeing Christmas stuff up. For crying out loud, can't you WAIT ANOTHER MONTH!? It's not like there's some sort of shopping ban between Thanksgiving and Christmas! Put up THANKSGIVING stuff for Thanksgiving, and CHRISTMAS stuff for Christmas! Keep the holidays in their respective seasons, and let us in the consumer world keep our sanity! (Only YOU can prevent Christmas burnout! Only YOU!)

Well, I'm happy to report that I've been able to get a decent amount of time to work on OLD VELT, the second novel in the Vein series.  I'm also happy to see that people are purchasing CLADE JOSSO as a Christmas gift for others, and have sold some signed copies to that end.  Also, I understand that the VIRTUAL IMAGININGS short story collection has also been doing well, which of course benefits breast cancer research.  See?  Authors make Christmas shopping easy! :D

Well, back to work for me.  I'm continuing the Vein omnibus, and will have some entries ready soon to post.  Until then, continue to enjoy preparing for Christmas!

See you in the Vein!

J. Dean.

No comments:

Post a Comment